* Board Member with the (CAOA) Canadian Association of Aromatherapists (2023 - )
* Certified Expert Level Sound Healer [crystalbowls, tibetan bowls, tuning forks, chakra balancing & crystal healing] (VickieGould, Life Changing Energy) (2022)
*Professional Member of the Handcrafted Bath & Body Guild (2024 - )
* Registered Aromatherapist with the CAOA (Canadian Association of Aromatherapists) since 2018
* Clinical Aromatherapy training Graduate with Beverly Hawkins at West Coast Institute of Aromatherapy (2018)
* Founded: Earth Mind and Body Essentials (2016)
* Professional Member of the Handcrafter Soap & Cosmetic Guild (2016 - 2024)
* Studied Ayurvedic Herbalism and Aromatherapy (David Crow, LaC, 2015 & 2023)
* Registered Medical Social Worker in Psychiatry and Long TermCare (1998 - 2021)
* BSW/RSW in Social Work (University of Victoria, 2004)
* BA in Psychology (University of British Columbia, 1995)
Shannon has worked as a Social Work Case Manager in allopathic healthcare since receiving her degree in psychology (1995) and Social Work (2004). She has worked in Canada and in the US, including in hospital settings, emergency settings, as well as community settings (in Psychiatry, then in Long Term Care).
In 2016, she started exploring different complimentary natural health approaches. She went back to school to study Aruvedic Herbalism and then Aromatherapy. She graduated and founded her business, Earth Mind and Body Essentials, in 2018. She then spent several years working with the essential oils, offering soothing relief to her clients. She also worked with the oils, herbs, plants and minerals, in developing a very effective yet supportive and all natural deodorant, as well as soothing Aleppo and Castille cold processed soaps and shampoo bars. She also developed a beautiful all natural shelf stable lotion that contains no harmful toxins, parabens or preservatives. Her focus has been on creating simple, all natural, yet effective skincare solutions without the harmful chemicals used in many of today's commercial products. Many people have become sensitive to these chemicals and require less processed, and more natural ingredients. Many still are interested in reducing their exposure to synthetic chemicals in order to prevent possible problems with their health in the future due to ongoing exposures. Mitigating health risks as best as possible with what is available in the natural world around us and helping others discover that too, is Shannon's passion.
In 2020, Shannon started to study additional natural healing modalities which she found very helpful when trying to relieve pain and stress caused by severe arthritis. She recognized the immense benefit sound was having in reducing her pain and discomfort and lowering her stress. She has now added her new learnings of sound healing training, and aromaticaly focused trauma-informed care, to her skill set.
Shannon is a Registered Aromatherapist and also a Board Member (at large) with the Canadian Alliance of Aromatherapists, as well as a training Sound Healing Course Facilitator with Life Changing Energy (to start in spring, 2024). She is currently studying Advanced Sound Therapy with Thomas Orr Anderson. Her services include clinical Aromatherapy assessements and subsequent related supportive body care (ie., roller blends, inhalers with specifically chosen essential oils. She has spent a decade perfecting her recipes for all natural yet very effective and supportive options such as lotions, balms, massage oil and cleanser oil blends, cold processed soaps, transparent soaps and her famous deodorant, with specifically chosen essential oils and supportive synergized botanicals. She plans to add her Sound Healing services/teaching website/services with crystal singing bowls, tibetan singing bowls, tuning forks, gong, chimes, crystal activations and chakra balancing soon.
Along with aromatherapy, energy and sound healing work has been an incredible asset to her own self-care approach and soon she wants to share it with all of you too!